Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Donut Hold

Charlie and Katee are both taking five prescriptions a day (for the most part -- Katee takes the Xanax as needed).

Today at Walgreens we picked up two of Katee's drugs. Total $65.

"That's with insurance?" Charlie asked while pushing his bottom lip forward in thought. This from a man whose meds were gonna run $600 a month 'til the first of January. After shopping around we've gotten them down to $99 a month.

Katee's costs have jumped because she started taking two Ambien a night. Plus it looks like we might be adding some Adderall because of medication induced ADD. Then there's the occasional talk therapy.

Right now Katee's medication costs are holding at $175 a month. That's until I start looking for some better deals for her. One option is to take advantage of the insurance coverage I have for her that gives me a discount when I buy a three month supply of her meds at one time. We will end up getting three for the price of two if I do this option and have meds delivered by mail. But as quickly as we change meds around here I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home