Friday, November 03, 2006

3 a.m. Can Sleep

I was on one 12.5 mg Ambien at night for sleep, but it stopped working, as sedatives often do. When this dosage had stopped working, I figured pairing the Ambien with a 1 mg Xanax would make me sleep and I was right, but I felt pretty sleepy during the day, too. I stopped taking Ambien altogether and just stuck to the Xanax, but I don't really like taking benzos for too long because my mind starts getting cloudy. I didn't really have a choice, though, because I wasn't gonna be able to get the Ambien bumped up for a while.

Eventually, after many phone calls to the doctor's office, they called in a prescription for two at night instead of one. Our next problem was the insurance company, who didn't want to pay for another prescription until the current one ran out completely. I still had quite a few left over, but the bottle had disappeared somewhere in my room. I searched all over the place for it and came up with nothing. I figured Kizzy had been batting things around and knocked it somewhere. Either that or she hordes my medicine so I can stay up and play with her.

The doctor called the insurance company and assured them that me being able to sleep was indeed necessary, they agreed to pay for their part, and I finally got my sleeping pills. It's not unusual to have insomnia when starting or restarting Ambien, so I slept horribly the first night, but the second night I slept wonderfully. I love sleeping a lot for someone who's body doesn't like to do it.

A few days later I was cleaning my room and noticed a bottle of blue pills rolling around under my vanity. Apparently Kizzy decided I could have them back. Silly cat. (Katee)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home